Working with millennials or trying to reach them? Here’s a guide to millennial slang for 2016 so you can navigate the new lingo . And love to hear if you have anything to add.
1. Bae – short for babe, meaning your significant other
2. Crushing – doing it full steam
2. On Fleek – being “on fleek” means to be on point. In a business context, it means something was well executed and is worthy of acknowledgement.
3. Kill it – do something really well or with a lot of energy
4. Turn up – getting excited…Get Hyped, Wild, energetic”
5. Bootleg – not genuine, fake..Also it can be something not to the level expected or wanted
6. Basic – unoriginal or mainstream
7. Throwing Shade – the act of the underhanded insult being delivered. “Sarah threw shade at Melissa last night.”
8. Squad – group of close friends
9. Sick – something is awesome or really fun.
10. Fire – if something is good (usually food/beverage) then it’s fire.
BONUS: ¯\_(?)_/¯” is the new emoji which is a man shrugging their shoulders signifying “I dunno” or not my fault.
Reprinted from MiamiCurated